In a message dated 95-10-10 12:27:59 EDT, you write:
>In my experience, maybe 1% of the musicians I've >heard know how to play a strathspey (live or on record), whether on the >fiddle, piano or accordion - the other 99% haven't a clue! From what I've
heard, and >know about those who 'can', it would seem you have to be (a) brought up IN >Scotland; (b), have studied strathspey STEP technique; and/or (c) be at
least >a second-generation SCD-music-family member.
Maybe you 1% could give us 99% some hints? or is that even possible via this