Exec Council

Pia Walker

Message 26081 · 16 May 2001 08:15:25 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Dear Oliver and others like minded

This vote was taken by Branches, who doesn't think of individual members
mostly through ignorance (If you have never met one - how can you recognise
one?).

It was not all who ignored the individual members and there was a request
for GP to look into ways by which the HQ members can be represented (Let us
hope this happens) - If HQ members had been represented I think the vote
would have looked slightly different :>)

Giving up membership doesn't solve anything - I did think of it very briefly
I must admit, but I am a stubborn so and so, and feel that RSCDS is still
worthwhile - it just needs educated :>) :>)

Pia

----- Original Message -----
From: Oliver Thinius <xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx>
To: <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 10:53 PM
Subject: Re: Exec Council

If I got it right from the digests from 13th and 15th March the
option "one member one vote" did not make it, instead "keeping the
Status Quo" (Option 1) made it to be proposed to the AGM.

In my opinion the Executive Council gave a clear signal: "We'll stick
to our inherited rights, single member: ... get lost". I will
strongly reconsider renewing RSCDS membership as soon as my long-term
membership expires in two years time.

Oliver Thinius
PO Box 12 01 40
45437 Mülheim an der Ruhr