Recorded tempos

Richard Goss

Message 25775 · 24 Apr 2001 05:54:48 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

I think, I posted something to that effect based on earlier stats.
In WYJTD [non RSCDS and the first RSCDS version, tempos were litedd]. When
someone told the RSCDS about the difference between published and practiced.
They simply deleted the tempos from all further editions.

Both the RSCDS and SOBHD have slowed down. I guess the lack of new young
blood means that the average age is going up and our tempo going down.

Check the strathspey tempo, and then try to do a Highland setting step to
it, then you will really feel old as it is easier for us elders to do a
faster strathspey than a slower one, the converse of quick time.

The question is, has the society authorized a change in tempo, or they just
going with the evolutionary (or in this case devolutionary) flow?

If I get a chance, I'll send you some of my old stats.

Goss