Book 41

Dianna Shipman

Message 22290 · 2 Sep 2000 03:25:34 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Ron - actually I've noticed it especially with strathspeys - more 3x, 4x, 5x
through ones turning up -- and in some 4x thru reels and jigs not everyone
is moving all the time - The Eightsome Reel (and a number of the square set
ones), The Flying Scotsman, Cumberland Reel, The Highlandman's Umbrella, Ian
Powrie's - but I agree that not all dances are less energetic just because
they're 4x through - but I have noticed that programs from one area will
tend toward all more energetic 4x through and another place has more of the
less energetic 4x through :-)

Dianna

Dianna L. Shipman
xxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx