Book 41

Pia Walker

Message 22213 · 29 Aug 2000 17:13:40 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

I think this is because in order to publish world wide in a "language" that
all Scottish Dancers can understand, the publications committee must decide
on explanations which are uniform - therefore variations which you know by
one name, because you perhaps dance other forms of dance, will be described
in the Scottish country dance way so I who do not dance in the same place
also can understand them. i.e. Contra and English etc might be known in the
US as well as in UK, but in Denmark, China and OUter MOngolia peoples'
knowledge of these forms might just be a little lacking - (just put it down
to us being foreigners :>))

I f.eks come from Denmark, and live in Scotland - and do a lot of dancing,
and I wouln't recognise an 'Espagnol' if if jumped up and bit me - however I
can take the book, and read the bars of Peggy's Strathpey and understand
what I have got to do.

By the way the use of you is general in this case, and does not reflect
personally at any one person.

Pia