Lucy Campbell

Patricia Ruggiero

Message 22162 · 21 Aug 2000 06:10:59 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

It'd be easier if you had wanted her e-address or phone number....

I'm sure you're acquainted with the difficulties of interpreting original
instructions. My guess is that the RSCDS reconstruction makes the best of a
very ambiguous description.

I find it frustrating not to have original instructions when questions of
this sort arise. Have you tried locating this book on the Library of
Congress dance website? If we weren't about to leave for vacation
(Pinewoods!) soon, I'd be right in there with you, trying to track this
down.

Do you know the year this book was published, or at least the century (18th
or 19th)? It feels 18th c. to me.

I like what you suggest about the last figure. It is, in other words, three
changes of R&L in order to progress. I can guess at the original wording:

"First and second cu. sett;
Then right and left until you come into each other's places."

I hope someone can provide more useful information before we unsubscribe for
vacation.

Pat