Off topic - Danish Folk Dance

Pia Walker

Message 22094 · 13 Aug 2000 04:08:12 · Variable-width font · Whole thread

Hi

It is good to know that Denmark is such a popular country to visit - Have a
good time to everyone who is going there.

Here is a few words so you can get by:

Hello = hej / dav / go'dav
2 beers = 2 Tuborg
Cheers = Skaal (double aa, pronounced like O in OH)
Shall we dance = skal vi danse
My name is: = mit navn er: ---
I'm hungry = jeg er sulten
I am sorry, I stood on your big toe = Undskyld, men jeg stod paa din
storetaa.
Old Danish Custom = gammel dansk skik (usually nothing on the sort, but
polite foreigners always fall for this expression, and you can do anything
to them) :>)

Lesson one of Pia Walker's on-line Danish for Dancers' courses.

Pia