The Wind on Loch Fyne

Richard L. Walker

Message 21755 · 29 Jun 2000 21:55:50 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

The dance uses the two hand turn to the next position. Were you doing a two
hand turn to pas de basque to get to the next position? (Might give it a
whirl while at Thistle with the other dance junkies.)

"Richard L Walker"<xxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx>
Pensacola, FL USA 32504-7726

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Pierce [mailto:xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 12:40 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx
Subject: RE: The Wind on Loch Fyne

The Baton Rouge LA group once tried doing this dance in reel time. We didn't
make it - the figures must have been written with slow time in mind, because
in fast time we could not dance fast enough to finish in place!

It was strange as a lot of strathspeys can be done in quick time, but not
this one.

Todd Pierce
Asheville, NC

--