Schiehallion Reels

Gerry Gray

Message 21730 · 28 Jun 2000 19:24:37 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

If you are including 'variations' of Schiehallion, try So the Devil Can't
Corner You in the New Brunswick Collection of Scottish Country Dances. The
dance, devised by Gale Cragg in 1984, has a number of interesting movements,
including the following variation of Schiehallion...

09-24 - The four men dance Schiehallion reels. The four women dance a small
circle on the opposite side of the set (4 bars), then dance four bars of
Schiehallion reels to end facing out one place counter-clockwise round the
set. The four women repeat this pattern ending facing out in original
places.

Wonderful 48 bar jig. Suggested music Let the Hackles Rise.

- Gerry

Gerry Gray
18 Mutch Drive #10
Stratford, PE C1A 9K6