Schiehallion Reels

Alan Twhigg

Message 21705 · 28 Jun 2000 03:07:30 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Richard,

The following come to mind:

"Schiehallion" by Hugh Thurston, wherein he originally devised these reels

"The Chrysanthemum" by Bob Blackie - not sure if this is published in a collection

If you want a real challenge, you can try "Fizzbin" in the SF Branch Collection II, which has half schiehallion reels along with a number of other unusual formations...

Cheers, Alan Twhigg.

------Original Message------
From: "Richard L Walker" <xxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx>
Sent: June 27, 2000 10:28:19 PM GMT
Subject: Schiehallion Reels

I would appreciate receiving a list of dances that includes Schiehallion
Reels. I am aware of 1314, but no others even though I know I've danced a
few. (The natives are wishing for a dance with Schiehallion Reels and my
memory is very empty at the moment -- not ironically, the normal mode for
this particular memory. Help.)

"Richard L Walker"<xxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx>
Pensacola, FL USA 32504-7726