Music for Lancers

Patricia Ruggiero

Message 21687 · 27 Jun 2000 16:32:52 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Thanks for the info. Does it help? Well, yes and no....

It's good to know the music to which those folks danced Lancers, but we were
kinda hoping it'd be some good reels or jigs, ones that we like and ones
that our musicians can play....

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: XXxxxxx@xxx.xxx [mailto:XXxxxxx@xxx.xxx]
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2000 7:28 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx
Subject: Re: Music for Lancers

Lancers Quadrilles were danced to the popular music of the day. An annual
ball I attend has several Lancers in the program. They are danced to
Gilbert
& Sullivan, in particular Trial by Jury Yeoman of the Guard and Patience.
There is an ancient recording by Jimmy Shand using these tunes.
Hope this helps,
Sylvia Miskoe, Concord, NH USA

--
XXxxxxx@xxx.xxx