young people

Marilynn Knight

Message 21657 · 25 Jun 2000 19:02:09 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Amen & Hallelujah, Martin!!! I couldn't agree more. And start with eye
contact. After all, Miss M. Herself said "Dance with your Soul...." Right?
I certainly don't find it interesting to dance with either my feet or the
floor. Hook 'em first. Maybe Teacher is not a bad term for those who have
had happy Teacher-experiences. I just think SCD is not about breeding Prima
Donna mentality, said in the same breath with respecting and promoting
standards. If a Teacher does not mis-use the class as an opportunity to
power, but rather as an encourager and a source of information, I think
we'll be ok. I have noticed a tendency for teachers & "students" to fall
into a dependency relation. Personally, I prefer the approach that we are
all in discovery together. Maybe because I clearly don't know it all and
never will. But then I prefer to be taught-led by those who openly welcome
group discovery...

Marilynn Latta Knight
In the office, but maintaining sanity thanks to Anselm and all of y'all here
in steamy SC