SCD styles (was Illustrated SCD Book and Posters)

Pia Walker

Message 21562 · 21 Jun 2000 20:03:38 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Hi Jim

And don't forget - you will dance it with just about anybody :>)

Glad to see you are back at the PC

Pia
----- Original Message -----
From: The_Healys <Xxx_Xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
To: Strathspey list <xxxxxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 4:50 PM
Subject: SCD styles (was Illustrated SCD Book and Posters)

Ian Brockbank has just pushed one of my really touchy
buttons (to mix a metaphor).
> - the book is very obviously in the reeling tradition
> rather than SCD (and I believe Edge Reels, the group who
> published it, are a reeling group rather than an SCD
> group)

Reeling IS SCD: Ceilidh IS SCD: RSCDS IS SCD
Three (or more) styles, one form.

The suggestion underlying Ian's statement that the RSCDS
style is the one true SCD faith is the Society's biggest
problem and not only in Scotland. I have said it
before and I will say it again (and again and again):
I personally _prefer_ to dance RSCDS but I can and will
dance any and all other styles of SCD in between - just
play the right music, Sam.

Jim Healy
Perth, Scotland

--