orthotics

Dianna Shipman

Message 21550 · 21 Jun 2000 05:33:58 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

George
They are shoe inserts to support the foot and correct foot problems - the
traditional ones only cover the back half of the foot - the idea being that
support in this area is sufficient - however, since in Scottish Country
Dance we dance mostly on the balls of the feet the traditional orthotics (I
may have the spelling wrong) are still helpful but of limited value. They
come in a variety of sizes, styles and materials. I have a heavy duty pair
that I've worn for years that can be used in lace up shoes like tennis shoes
but they are not at all flexible and don't work for dance. I have a
flexible pair (but only for the back half of the foot) that works for other
street shoes and I use them in my dance shoes. I can truthfully say that I
would have had to give up dancing years ago if I had not gotten orthotics.
But I'm hoping to find a better product for the whole foot since it's the
balls of my feet that are giving me the most trouble.

Dianna

Dianna L. Shipman
xxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx
PMB 134, 1436 W. Gray