Florida dancing

Ray Brown

Message 21496 · 13 Jun 2000 06:26:22 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

From: Pia Walker <xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx>

> Hello Florida dancers

Well, we aren't, now, but we used to be, a few years ago...

> Is there any dancing around or near Kissemee from July 17 to August 2nd?
> Sun, sand, brewing conference, Disney World - my hols would be perfect if it
> included some scottish dancing.

During the hottest time of the year, for Florida... :-)

I don't know of any SCD classes during the summer anywhere except for Isabelle Ritchie's class down in suburban Miami, and
that's 200 miles down the Florida Turnpike. Well, I take it back a bit, there is some SCD in Boynton Beach, which is in
northern Broward County, but that's still at least 150 miles down from Kissimmee.

Isn't the gentleman from Sarasota on the list? That's due west of Kissimmee...

And, come to think of it, there was a SCD class in Titusville, or Melborne, which will be northeast of you, up I-4.

If you're interested, I can check with Isabelle and see how she's doing, she usually has her classes on Friday evenings,
and IIRC the Boynton Beach group, Helen Welch, is on Tuesday evenings.

Good luck!

_Ray_
Still a member of the South Florida Branch :-)
Joplin, MO, USA
xxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx