White Dresses - was Ceilidh Dress

Patricia Ruggiero

Message 21089 · 22 Apr 2000 05:55:56 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

The shirt to which you refer was among the patterns issued by Folkwear
Patterns. I wish I could offer more info, but perhaps that will get you
started in the right direction.

As for dresses, since you are familiar with the pattern catalogs, I'm sure
you've not neglected to check the costumes or folkwear category (or
whatever the company chooses to call it). But you're right, the *good*
patterns, the *right* ones (meaning, the ones *we* like), don't seem to stay
around very long. About a year ago I was surprised to see several catalogs
offering patterns for Renaissance and 18th c. clothing. Naturally, I
discovered this at a time when the patterns were being discontinued, and the
stores had nothing I wanted in my size.

Pattern drafting is looking more and more attractive.

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard L Walker [mailto:xxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx]
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2000 5:19 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx
Subject: RE: White Dresses - was Ceilidh Dress

I've been looking for a pattern to make my wife a dress (there used to be a
couple good ones, but they seem to stay in the stores for about 2 weeks
(just grumbling - I know they stay longer) before they are gone forever. Is
anyone aware of a nice dress pattern (evening wear) that is currently
available in the stores? Examples of what I was looking for are McCall
pattern 8043 (1996) and Burda pattern 6226.

Also, is anyone aware of a pattern for a kilt shirt with the tie neckline
and puffy sleeves? I have seen it called poet's shirt; Missouri boatman's
shirt; and other names.