St Patrick's

Dianna Shipman

Message 20750 · 21 Mar 2000 11:15:04 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Martin - I suspect they mean contra dances and perhaps some that are very
similar to ceilidh dances - maybe the following web site would help since
some have pictures and dance descriptions:

Austin Barn Dancers:
http://homepages.go.com/~austinbarndancers/index.html

they may also mean country western line dancing and/or square dancing since
some of the web sites that entitled "barn dancing" mean that -

I would suspect if something were advertised as a "barn dance" and you
mostly did dances without "fancy footwork" and in casual dress rather than
"ballroom attire" you might attract those who are intimidated (at least
initially) by the Scottish steps and/or who have problems with anything that
involves jumping up and down :-) and/or they don't like to have to dress up.

Dianna

Dianna L. Shipman
xxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx
PMB 134, 1436 W. Gray