cues...

eclyde

Message 19254 · 4 Nov 1999 18:14:42 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

A not unusual occurrence. I have been caught the same way
too often in the past, when I have been so involved in making sure
that the dance is going well that I forget to move when it's my turn.
As a matter of policy now, I don't participate in a dance
when I am teaching.

I teach an advanced social class, usually with three to four sets.
Many in the class are older, so their footwork is no longer
what it used to be, but they still have a high level of dancing
skills as far as dancing etiquette and formations are concerned.
They also like a challenge from time to time so, for example,
last Tuesday's class included The Four Minute Reel
(Set and rotate, and Set and link for three couples),
Quarries Jig (interesting corners variation), and The Cranberry
Tart (a not-too-difficult fugue).

The Cranberry Tart is a 32 bar jig by Terry Glasspool,
the deviser of The Silver Square. Both dances are in his recently
published book, Dances from the Seven Year Itch.

Eric Clyde
Ottawa Branch