to dem or not to dem. {was cues

Dianna Shipman

Message 19211 · 2 Nov 1999 01:24:49 · Variable-width font · Whole thread

I'm not quite sure why but I seem to be getting younger dancers with my
informal group on Wednesdays than the local branch - possibly because I let
new people come every week - younger people often seem to have difficult
schedules with school, work, children, etc. that it's hard for them to
commit to a class structured on a requirement that they come every week
(here the branch doesn't give refunds for classes missed and sometimes
structures it such that if you miss a week it's may be hard to catch up).
And some of the younger dancers who get introduced to Scottish Country
dancing with my informal group then go on and take the branch classes when
they can fit it in - I keep them informed of Branch activities - and
anything else related to things Scottish or dance that I know about.
Dianna
Dianna L. Shipman
xxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx
Dianna L. Shipman, P.C., Attorney at Law
PMB 134, 1436 W. Gray
Houston, TX 77019-4946
phone: 713-522-1212