payment

Dianna Shipman

Message 19059 · 26 Oct 1999 06:31:52 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

The teachers in the Houston Branch, RSCDS get paid. And as someone else
mentioned, there are a lot of people who put in just as much time and
personal expense as the teachers who don't get paid. For myself, we collect
enough to cover the hall and occasionally have a little extra that I set
aside for more music or towards developing live music. The types of dance
I've seen that charge a lot seem to do it full time and the people who are
their customers seem much more demanding. I also have a policy that anyone
who wants to learn to dance is welcome without paying if they can't afford
it - or paying what they can - and I have a "family rate" for parents with
children - and it's never been a problem - when people get to where they can
afford it I've noticed they put in a little extra from time to time. I am
curious about how much groups charge for classes, socials and balls. I
charge $4 most evenings, $3 for Saturday parties (since more people show up
for these). The Branch charges $5 for socials and I think about $65 per
semester for classes and the ball this year was $25.
Dianna
Dianna L. Shipman
xxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx
Dianna L. Shipman, P.C., Attorney at Law
PMB 134, 1436 W. Gray
Houston, TX 77019-4946
phone: 713-522-1212