Two couple dances

Marilynn Knight

Message 18933 · 20 Oct 1999 19:10:01 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

What I've found the easiest is to devise a teaching dance for 2 couples
to include whatever formations or transitions I needed to teach and use
obscure music that they don't subliminally equate with known dances.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack & Sally Pollock
[mailto:xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 1999 11:06 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx
Subject: Re: Two couple dances

I meant dances (RSCDS Book or others) involving only two
couples, regardless
of set size. For example, Seann Truibhas or Kendall's
Hornpipe. I'm not
looking for directions, just a simple list of names
which could be quickly
referred to when we don't have 3 or 4 couples and have
to improvise a lesson
plan.

>Jack,
>
>Do you mean by this dances which involve 2 couples but
are usually done in
>'standard' 4-couple sets, or do you mean dances which
are designed for sets

--
"Jack & Sally Pollock" <xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx>