Buzz Spins in 1783?

Dianna Shipman

Message 17878 · 3 Jul 1999 20:36:18 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Are "buzz spins" the same as the "buzz step" used in International Folk
dancing (where one foot is stationery and the other is used sort of like a
paddle to push yourself around?).

Also, I just got back from a trip to Philadelphia and picked up an
interesting book there that collects "country dances" during the
revolutionery war period and also bought two CD's - several dance
descriptions/music are the same or similar to some of our Scottish Country
dances.

Dianna
Dianna L. Shipman
xxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx
Dianna L. Shipman, P.C., Attorney at Law
1436 W.Gray, #134
Houston, TX 77019-4946
phone: 713-522-1212