The Ramsay Index and a request for help

Richard L. Walker

Message 17775 · 25 Jun 1999 08:28:19 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Will this data be made part of the online database?

Richard L Walker
Pensacola, FL 32504-7726 USA
xxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian McHaffie [mailto:xxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 1999 5:36 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx
Subject: The Ramsay Index and a request for help

I believe I sent out some information many months ago that the "Ramsay
Index" (an index of recorded SCD Music, first published in 1984 by Bill
Stoddart) is being revised by TAC (=Teachers' Association (Canada)).

The work on the revision is nearing completion and the new index will be
published (in hard copy) in August and will be available from TACBooks.

Much work has gone into checking and re-checking the data on the various
recordings so that the publication can be as accurate as possible.

At this point we are aware of 6 albums that we think should be in the index
but we don't have the information about the various tracks and so on.

If anyone on Strathspey has any of these Albums and would be willing to
share information from the album cover, please let me know by private
e-mail to:

xxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx

23 Highland Whisky - Bill Black and his SDB
48 Songs and Dances of Scotland - The Caledonians
253 Bobby MacLeod's Highland Dance Band - Bobby MacLeod and his Band
261 Dance Party Favourites - Jim MacLeod and his Band
303 Pet o' the Pipers - Dermot O'Brien
372 Welcome to Jimmy Shand and his band - Jimmy Shand

I will then get back to you explaining what we need.

Time is very much of the essence and if we do not get the information very
quickly these albums will, regrettably have to be omitted.

Thanks very much.

Ian McHaffie
xxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx