Liability

ReelLass

Message 1694 · 14 Apr 1995 08:58:59 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Sender: xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx

>The insurance & liability issue is a worry to teachers and
>Branch/Group officers. Some groups are large (wealthy) enough
>to purchase insurance; many (most?) can't afford it. If anyone
>has a line on cheap insurance, PLEASE share it! I've often
>thought that if the US groups banded together, we could get
>inexpensive group rates. Rumor says the Square Dance
>community has done so.

The San Francisco Branch gets reasonably priced liability insurance from:

Frank & Elsa Bacher, Insurance Chairman
Folk Dance Federation of CA, Inc.
P.O. Box 263
Fulton, CA 95439

Phone & FAX: 707-546-8877

The Bachers recently sent us a notice about claim procedures which refers to
the Markel Rhulen Underwriters and Brokers (in New York???) and USDA
Insurance. I'm not entirely sure which is the provider, as the Bacher's are
the designated agents and everything goes through them. We have a Branch
Insurance Chair who deales with the Bachers.

I am aware that other dance clubs in the area also procure insurance through
the Folk Dance Federation.

Actually, insurance is pretty much a "must have" kind of thing nowdays. Many
halls will not even allow us to book the facility without a certificate
attesting to the liability insurance.

Terry Barron