Susan's Fun Dances

Richard L. Walker

Message 15965 · 18 Feb 1999 23:22:59 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

Too true. A few (fantastic dances) have lost their appeal here through
excessive repetition. Hopefully absence will make the heart grow fonder
(once again).

Mystery dances are always fun too. Jina, who shall remain nameless, once
taught a few dances from Book 5 (Dumbarton Drums, Teviot Bridge, Scottish
Ramble) that everyone in the class thought were terrific -- and NEW. Just
goes to show you -- ah -- something. I've always thought it would be fun to
use a mystery dance as an extra (if you really intend to do it) at an event.
It would simply be briefed (sorry if I've offended anyone) and danced.
Obviously it could not be a complex dance and it might want to be repeated
if any -- ah -- stilled sets wished to give it another try (at least once
and to the bottom).

Richard L Walker
xxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx
Pensacola, FL 32504-7726 USA