Thirtytwosome

Jack Pollock

Message 15510 · 18 Jan 1999 03:16:27 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

From: Simon Barbour <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx.xx>
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx
<xxxxxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx>
Date: Sunday, January 17, 1999 4:22 PM
Subject: Re: Thirtytwosome
> Any knowledeable comment out there on the Thirtytwosome Reel, specifically
> on the direction in which the centre line of four dancers veers for their
> quarter turn in readiness for their second dance through?

As in the eightsome , ladies anticlockwise to their corners and
men clockwise to their corners.

Is that true?? My directions for "Part B" of The Eightsome Reel indicate
that BOTH the man and woman in the center set to the woman/man
counter-clockwise from their original positions. In other words, there is
no difference between men and women in the center - they both move to face
one place CCW for the second half of their turn in the center, and the men
are not setting to their corners.
I'd appreciate clarification, as I'll be briefing The Eightsome at a
forthcoming dance.

Jack Pollock
Waynesville, North Carolina, USA

--