Advice on CD players please

Jack Pollock

Message 15432 · 9 Jan 1999 19:57:34 · Variable-width font · Whole thread

One feature worth considering is a player's ability to be programmed. We
are using two players here. One is a boombox modified for pitch control,
and the other a CD Karioke player by JVC.
The boombox sounds fine, has adequate power for a decent sized room, and
plays both CD's and cassettes, but you have to keep skipping tracks to get
to the one you want to play. Also, it cannot be readily connected into a
larger sound system, and the add-on knobs for speed adjustment are delicate
and vulnerable.
The Karioke player will play whatever track you want immediately, and will
stop at the end of that track, eliminating the need to rush over to stop it
before it starts playing the next one (as does the boombox). It can also be
programmed to play only one track, and will start it over anytime the "play"
button is pushed. Mine also has RCA input/output jacks on the back, so can
be connected directly to most any audio equipment. It is a model KX-G1GY, a
very compact package I bought through TACSound, but it's no longer imported
by JVC in the US or Canada. I believe Supreme Audio in the US may now stock
a later model, however.
Given a choice, I'll go with the convenience of a Karioke player every time.

Jack Pollock
Waynesville, North Carolina, USA