[Fwd: Asilomar]

George Gates

Message 14376 · 9 Nov 1998 08:12:28 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

--------------EF00223DAA3FB7C557561359

Ok, it seems that some of you got a blank page. Lets try again. This
is for publication in the R&S. If you get a blank page please let me
know.

george
--------------EF00223DAA3FB7C557561359

Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 21:12:50 -0800
From: Linda Baptiste <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>
To: George Gates <xxxxxxxxxxx56@xxxx.xxx>
Subject: Asilomar

Ok - Here is ,edited version, can edit under "message, edit as new". PS
- Good stuff, thanks.

Just got in from Asilomar, oh what a wonderful weekend it be. We
danced, practiced and partied all the weekend long. With Ann Maciver at
the helm and with Fred Sommer there to grease the corporate axle. David
Strong to keep those musicians in line, and Pat O'Brien to tend to the
needs of the teachers. Zasa Wu to take the heat at registration and for
Cindy McGerty to tend the blisters. And least we not forget about
Kathleen McAdams, singing us songs on Saturday night's Ceilidh when half
the acts took a hike.
The live music at each class was grand and even grander was the
music and Friday nights Dance led by Sara Gratiot, with David Strong,
Janet
Kurnick and Chuck Ward playing. And at Saturday night's Ball we had
Avril
and David Quarrie as the Masters of Ceremonies with music by John Taylor
and Andy Imbrie.
The classes on Saturday as well as the two Ball reviews went well and
with
great enthusiasm. The class where we were all together Sunday morning
went well with lots of limps and groans. We had two smashing parties;
one unofficial party held at Woodside, that went well till 2:30 am, and
the
official party Saturday night where Kathleen McAdam was the official
Ceilidh director. Not only that, she sings, dances and tells jokes.
My hats off to Anne Maciver, Fred Sommer, and all the crew that worked
so hard to put it together, and then made it run so nicely. Without
these fine folks there would be no Asilomar now or in the future. If
you think that you would like to get information about this event for
98' drop me a line or check out the San Francisco RSCDS site at
www.rscds-sf.pair.com.
Oh, the Quarries gave the first eight bars very brief briefing for each
dance just before
the music started on Saturday night: M.C.'s choice, eh!

George Gates

--------------EF00223DAA3FB7C557561359--