1. I'm female and proud of it
2. I like to dance with females as they are my friends
3. One gains needed expierence dancing the other side
just as one gains experience dancing new positions.
4. I find it RUDE when I'm asked to give up my partner who I have
spent all evening trying to get ahold of to accomodate two
people who DID not go find partners when the dance was
called up. Sheesh! Talk about cutting in!
5. People dance to have fun. If two beginners want to dance with
each other then they should be allowed.
The last ball I attended I was ready to dance with my partner when for
varying reasons I was sent over to the other end of the floor for a new
partner. There wasn't time to augure the point so I did as told. I
still regret being unable to dance with the young lady whom I was
promised to. It also really confused my mind from preparing to be a
'man' into playing the 'woman' role in the dance. Yes the dancer CAN say
no, but I know of too many women who are too polite to say, "oh no, I'm
sorry we can't accomadate you." If you do jump into a dance PLEASE be
polite enough to figure it out while the counting is still occuring and
not when the music is about to start.
*plink plink and the like*
M. Sara Hemenway