Valley of the Moon

Keith Grant

Message 12242 · 8 Jun 1998 10:28:51 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

------------------------
From: xxxxxx@xxxx.xxxxxx.xxx.xx
Subject: Valley of the Moon
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 19:35:45 +1200 (NZST)

> can anyone provide a similar description of the activities,
> facilities, and atmosphere of the Valley of the Moon Scottish Fiddling
> School, which I'll be attending in August? Really looking forward to it!
>
> Robin

Some time has drifted by since this request, and I've yet to see a response
to the list flicker across my screen. I cannot comment directly on the
facilities and atmosphere. There is a web page for Valley of the Moon to be
found at (http://www.vom.com-us.net/toc.htm). Perhaps it gives some of the
facility particulars.

What I can comment on is that the VOM camp immediately precedes the Scottish
Games in Pleasanton, an annual event on my personal calendar. Yearly at the
games, there is a large group of fiddlers, fresh from the camp, come to pour
their hearts and souls into the music emitting from the stage. Since they
share the same stages and area with those of us of the SCD persuasion, we
see and hear much of them. The extent of their enthusiasm and the light
glowing from their faces says a lot, I believe, about the atmosphere at
Valley of the Moon Camp.

...Keith

I Keith Eric Grant I We must remember that everything I
I <xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxxx.xxx> I is ordinary and extraordinary. It I
I--------------------------------------I is our minds that either open or I
I Over the hills, but not too far away I close. Details are not good or I
I from the San Francisco East Bay I bad. They are details. -- Natalie I
I I Goldberg, Writing Down the Bones I