Flirtation Hornpipe

Keith Grant

Message 10846 · 11 Feb 1998 20:04:31 · Fixed-width font · Whole thread

------------------------
From: BEATRIX WEPNER <x8840318@xxx1.xxxx.xx.xx>
Subject: Flirtation Hornpipe
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 11:10:28 +0100

> Has anybody out there danced the Flirtation Hornpipe?
> If yes: what music can you use for it???

This one sent my mind off on yet another of those wild tangents. Bear in
mind in reading the following that I have been a bit feverish with the flu
the last couple of days.

I remember some earlier discussions about including an estimate of
difficulty in indices of dances, this being useful for those planning
parties and balls. Would it also not be useful to include the "flirtation
index" of dances. That way one planning "a tempestuous Valentine's ball" or
a "safe'N'sane SCD evening" would have supporting data for their claims. Of
course these rating would have to be tested a number of times to insure
their statistical significance, but, particularly at the high end of the
scale, this should not prove to be an onerous duty.

And now we return you to your regularly scheduled PdB practice in progress.

...Keith

I Keith Eric Grant I We must remember that everything I
I <xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxxx.xxx> I is ordinary and extraordinary. It I
I--------------------------------------I is our minds that either open or I
I Over the hills, but not too far away I close. Details are not good or I
I from the San Francisco East Bay I bad. They are details. -- Natalie I
I I Goldberg, Writing Down the Bones I